Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Cookies, cookies, cookies!

I've been busier making cookies than gardening so far this week!

Monday my friend Tina came over to decorate cookies for our Bunco group's luau theme.  I wanted a chance to show her some techniques with royal icing because she has always done her cookies in butter cream.  It was really fun.  She did most of the flip flops,  I just showed her some techniques on the first 2.  I did the sunglasses and most of the margaritas.  They were fun.  I made up a tray of the little flower embellishments and Levi helped out by putting the little beads in the centers.  After they dried I packed them up for future use.
The party tray for our Bunco luau.
I did these cookies
Since I was going to invest the time (lots of time) to do the above cookies I thought I would just do a batch for my dentist and his staff while I was at it.
And while I'm on a cookie kick I thought I better make my brother-in-law his monthly plate of chocolate marshmallow cookies.  Part of his Christmas gift was a plate of chocolate marshmallow cookies every month for an entire year, plus the tin filled with them that he recieved on Christmas Eve.
Rich and chewy brownie-like cookies with marshmallow baked on and then topped with fudgy icing!
OK, enough cookies for right now.  This weekend I'll be making strawberry trifle for Father's Day and next Monday I better go on a major diet!

Sorry I couldn't share a bite of the cookies with you, I'm sure you would enjoy them.

Feel free to leave a comment to let me know you dropped by.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, I see you handed in your stamps for cake and cookie baking and decorating. These are just So Cute!
    Thanks for sharing. Smiles😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's more I put aside the baking for awhile and really got into stamping. Now I'm back to baking. I've had my cake decorating supplies since my late teens! I decorated my wedding cake and we just celebrated our 29th anniversary on Sunday.
      Do you still stamp? I have LOTS of sets I am willing to part with, and that still leaves me with more than I need! ha ha.

      Delete
  2. Looks fund and delicious! I showed Judy your cookies in the hope she would get some ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be published as soon as I have approved.