Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Day 2000

 It started with a step forward, followed by another and another.

Today marks 2000 consecutive days of meeting (and usually far exceeding) my daily goal of 10,000 steps. I currently use a Garmin watch to track my progress.  (I'm on my 3rd Garmin, the first replacement was by choice to go to a more sleek design. The second replacement was by Garmin to replace a watch that kept having issues.)

In the past 12 months, I have recorded 676 activities with a total of 1341 miles but know that I have done many activities that for some reason didn't sync to the app.  Oh well, I know I did them and at least my daily steps were counted. 

I have had the opportunity to walk in many different parts of Eugene, always enjoying the new scenery as I walk or hike.  I've also put in MANY miles in Australia, Arizona, California, Oklahoma, and Washington as well as many cities and towns in Oregon.  Today I finished my steps in Bend, Oregon where Levi and I went to take Dad out for dinner and stay overnight.  


June 21, 2020 marked the most steps in a single day with 51,147.  

The week of December 23-29, 2019 marked the most in a week, with 189,932, most of which took place in Australia when Levi and I went to visit Cole.  We didn't get a rental car until Tad joined us on January 1st and of course the number of steps plummeted after that. 

May 2021 marked the month with the most steps, 643,618.  And I'm currently in my longest goal streak which I have been able to keep alive despite traveling, having a bout with Covid, and having many days where I just didn't "feel like it." 

If I have a day where I think I don't feel like walking I tell myself that it will NOT be the day my streak dies and I just get out and get some steps.  Somedays I barely clear my goal but my daily average for the past 6+ years is 16,256.  At one time I had a substantially higher average. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be published as soon as I have approved.